Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Watch Me Grow - Kennedy - 4 Mon

In the last couple of weeks Tim and I agree Kennedy has fully transitioned from newborn to baby. She seems to have hit a growth spurt and simply looks so big to us all of a sudden! Besides that she has become quite the talker. She has the sweetest baby voice and carries on and on and on. She truly cracks us up. :) I don't think we're going to have to worry about Reagan not letting Kennedy get a word in edge wise. Between Reagan and Kennedy, however, any future children we may have will never have the opportunity to speak. lol :) Kennedy has also become extremely aware of her surroundings and frequently reaches for toys. She's getting quite good at hanging onto toys although she doesn't have very good control of where things go once she's got them. As a result she frequently bonks herself in the head - all part and parcel to the learning procees, right? :) Besides holding and chewing on toys Kennedy loves to chew on her fingers as well as fists. I keep thinking she must be teething she chews on them so much, but so far I don't see any firm evidence of it. Kennedy is so super sweet when she wakes up. She has the biggest grin and is simply delighted to see us. Even when Kennedy's just stirring during a nap if she happens to open her eyes as we're popping her pacifier back in she provides a huge smile before drifting back to sleep. It is one of the most endearing traits she has. She is such a sweet sweet baby! :) Speaking of sleeping Kennedy is doing really well. I have been so blessed that she has been taking an afternoon nap that coincides with Reagan's nearly from the beginning. She is also sleeping well at night. I'll probably jinx myself by writing this, but she has slept for 8+ hrs before needing to be fed the last two nights. Let's hope she keeps that up!!! :) While she is super smiley and giggled for Great Aunt Jolene the beginning of February I have had no luck in getting her to laugh for me. In the last week, however, both Tim and Grammy have been successful in getting Kennedy to laugh numerous times. I know my time is coming and in the meantime I'm enjoying every minute with this precious baby!
~
Our little hill billy - in overalls and barefeet :)
~
4 Mon - March 2009
3 Mon - February 2009 1 Week - November 2009

No comments: