Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Snow

Like much of the East Coast we got a decent snow storm on Monday. We took the opportunity to go outside and try and play in the snow. My biggest mistake, however, was telling Reagan we would build another Frosty before realizing what kind of snow was out there - fluffy stuff that wasn't sticking together at all. Our second mistake was having a sled that was made for much less snow. So Reagan was a bit frustrated and we had a slightly less than successful trip to the park but at least we tried and were able to get some fresh air! I also got a really sweet picture of Tim with each of the girls and since I love pictures I'm always glad for that! :)
~
Mommy and Kennedy Daddy doing his best to pull Reagan in "Santa's Sleigh"


Reagan gave up on the sled and decided to walk instead
Daddy carrying a girl is an even better idea!
We didn't actually attempt to pull Kennedy in the sled I just took advantage of the sled for a quick photo opportunity. :)
Daddy and Kennedy
I was able to make some small snowballs and Reagan is holding one of them and hugging it in this picture. lol :)
Here's our best attempt at Frosty - a carrot nose and Abby Cadabby hat on a snow pile
While Reagan and I were playing in the snow Tim thought he would sit down on the bench with Kennedy. As soon as Reagan saw him do this she decided to sit down too but it had to be on the opposite bench...
Since we couldn't make Frosty we thought we'd try snow angels but Reagan thought that was a super bad idea!!! Even though Tim thought it was funny seeing me in the snow she was not happy at all. Reagan said I "crashed" and basically wouldn't even look at my snow angel let alone try to make her own.
Here Reagan is getting away from the snow angel as fast as she can.
Overall I'd say Reagan would give snow mixed reviews for the year. I think she prefers small amounts on the deck the best. I guess that's not so overwhelming to a little person. Maybe we'll have more fun next year when she's a bit older and a little more open to different ways of playing in the snow. lol :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there to play, too! What great pictures of family fun!!! And what cute little girls all bundled up toasty warm! I LOVED your creativity with Frosty - you are so funny! See you soon! xoxoxo Grammy