Thursday, January 29, 2009

Frosty the Snowman

I'm taking a quick break from posting trip pictures to share some pictures from this week with all of you. I'll hopefully get the remaining pictures from our jaunt to Tennessee posted this weekend. :)
~
Like much of the country we had a decent snowstorm here this week. During the girls afternoon nap on Tuesday I dashed outside and built a small snowman on our deck. I was able to snap a cute picture of Kennedy outside with him before Reagan woke up and went outside to play. Doesn't she have the sweetest smile ever???
When it started snowing Tuesday morning I pointed it out to Reagan and asked her if she would like to go outside and play. Without hesitation she told me no. Later she asked to look outside at the snow. When we did she told me it was "deep." I assurred her it wasn't deep or anything like the snow we saw in Wisconsin (like I said earlier we apparently traumatized the poor girl). With the help of Frosty I convinced Reagan it would be fun to go outside. Apparently 2-3 inches of snow on the deck is more Reagan's speed because she loved the snow this time!!! lol :)
~
A very excited Reagan heading out to greet Frosty :)
"Frosty!!!"
"Hug"

Frosty earned a "fire dance"
Reagan also enjoyed holding, crushing, and eating snowballs

Due to the freezing rain and sleet we received I didn't think it would be possible to play out in the snow a second day but Reagan had differant ideas. After checking it out it wasn't nearly as messy as I thought it might be and I was glad Reagan was able to get some more outdoor time. She enjoyed the ice every bit as much as the snow! :)
~
Frosty the Iceman

Reagan determined the ice was ice cream and enjoyed eating it very much!

Reagan playing "Peek-A-Boo"
Thank you to Kelly, Charlie, Chaz, and Anna for the Abby Cadabby hat and mittens for Christmas. As I mentioned in the last post Reagan hates wearing hats and mittens well now she loves them! Not only did she love wearing them outside to play she's been picking them up, putting them on herself, and wearing them around the house. lol :) This definately made playing outside a lot more fun this week so thanks so much for the perfect gift! :)

No comments: