Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our "Super Power Pooper"

Hard to believe anything that looks this sweet could earn such a nickname from Pa...
In the wee hours of Thursday morning Tim was being an awesome husband and father and taking his turn changing Kennedy's diaper. He might not have volunteered if he had realized it would turn into an hour and a half ordeal... It started out when Kennedy peed while he was changing her and required a change of clothing (as well as another diaper). While that was occurring I saw him fly to the side and intially thought a cat had attacked him. He said no she had pooped. She took aim at him once more before it was all said and done and left quite a mess on the floor behind where he was standing. It wasn't until I came out of the shower the next morning that I saw the wall pictured below had been hit as well.
Yes, that last spot you can see there is 9 1/2 feet away from where Kennedy was being changed!!! Tim says if you consider that we were measuring a straight line rather than the arc which the poop shot it's even more impressive and probably over 10 ft!
I should put a disclaimer here that no one else could believe I would take pictures and post this. I don't think anyone else would believe the story if I didn't! lol :) It certainly sounds exagerrated to me and I was there!!! Reagan did something similar to me when she was less than a week old (but without witnesses) and I don't think anyone believed me when I said it was like a fire hose. So here's my proof of that incident as well! I've never heard of anyone elses babies doing anything like this so watch out if you're changing one of my children's diapers! You never know what you might be in for! lol :)
~
I think the funniest comment of the evening (made by Tim to Kennedy sometime during the cleaning up process) was that while he sure does love her he wishes she would quit making him prove it. lol :) I guess between having to deliver her and a couple other things Kennedy is making sure Tim has been fully indoctrinated into the adventures of fatherhood. lol :)

1 comment:

Martin LaBar said...

I LOVED this posting about Tim and Kennedy...sounds like Pa chose well when he chose her current nickname...he'll have to "change it" pretty soon, I'm sure. You're correct, I wouldn't have believed it!
And all this time, I thought only little boys could cause the long projectile peeing and upchucking. I've even had my face spattered, had to be super quick, or "run for something to cover" before I finally followed the great slogan: Be prepared! Number 2 in the bath is also sometimes an unexpected "blessing". Thanks for the laughs!

Great Aunt Faye