Saturday, October 3, 2009

Boyd's Orchard

Today we went to Boyd's Orchard for some Fall fun with Uncle Dan, Aunt Dorothy and Heidi. As you'll see from this blog I throughly enjoyed my new camera. After deleting a number of pictures from my camera I was shocked to discover I downloaded 235 pictures from today!!! Yikes!!!Some good lessons for our upcoming Disney trip were learned today... In anycase, we had an absolutely wonderful time and I can't wait to go back again next year and take many more pictures of our cute munchkins! :)
~
My favorite picture of the day! I was so lucky to be in the right position when Kennedy came crawling between some pumpkins for a quick game of peek-a-boo. I love this picture!
Just like last year Reagan loved, hugged and kissed the pumpkins. She definitely takes after me in her love for pumpkins and fall!
Reagan also enjoyed running through the pumpkins
Heidi and Reagan enjoyed following each other too
Heidi deep in thought about whether she has found the perfect pumpkin...
Kennedy checking out the pumpkins
While the big girls ran through the pumpkin patch, Kennedy had a great time crawling through it :)
I asked Tim for assistance in getting Kennedy to smile. Not sure if I'll do that again... As you can probably guess he stuck his tongue out at her which she obviously imitated. When I told him I wanted a nice picture he said he wanted a silly one and besides I could snap a picture of her smiling between the sticking out her tongue pictures. Regardless of how sound he thought his logic was this is all I got. On the other hand I guess he got his way since I would have to say this is a silly picture...
I had hoped to get a cute picture of the girls together in the pumpkins. I have no idea what they're doing, but I guess I could be thankful that they at least both have the same goofy expression on their faces? That and they're both stationary, looking towards the camera, and actually in the picture. lol :)
Reagan is "saving" Kennedy from Daddy here who I said was going to come and get her. I didn't realize that would send Reagan running to rescue Kennedy but I thought the resulting picture was pretty cute and what a sweet big sister!
A picture of the three girls together in the pumpkin patch?
hope you snapped/looked fast because there they go...
Reagan showing Daddy and Kennedy some gourds
After checking out the pumpkins we headed on to the play area which included slides, playground equipment, a band, hayrides, animals and I can't remember what all. Here are Reagan and Heidi heading off together to see what they can discover.
Kennedy enjoying the pirate ship
Without a seconds hesitation Reagan ran right up to try this slide out on her own. She loved it and went down it numerous times!
Away she goes!
She hopped right back up and flew up the haystack to slide down again. Actually, for some reason (from sheer excitement???) she intially tried to climb back up the slide. I don't know why she would do that because we always tell her she has to climb up the ladder and slide down the slide. In anycase, she was confused and it took us a couple of minutes to get her to understand she needed to use the haystacks again (especially since the slide was greased and she wasn't having much success going up it anyway. lol :) After we moved on to the next activity, Reagan suddenly stopped what she was doing and ran/climbed half way back up the haybales to tell the adult assisting the kids get on the burlap sacks "I had a great time my friend."
Heidi decided to check out the slide too (Reagan actually lapped her in her enthusiasm - sorry for cutting, Heidi, and thanks for being such a good and understanding friend!)
While the slide was greased, it went kind of slow and near the bottom virtually stopped. Heidi was so cute because when she was close to the bottom she looked up and said "Mommy, I'm stuck!"
They had tubes set up on hay bales that kids could climb through and slide down. As you can see from the smile on her face this was right up Kennedy's alley!
After crawling back and forth and playing peek-a-boo in the tubes Kennedy discovered the tube slides. After looking at this series of pictures I'm sure you won't be in any doubt as to what Kennedy's favorite activity for the day was!
Ready,
set,
Go, go, go!!!
Giggling all the way! lol :)
I don't think she would have ever gotten tired of the slide but unfortunately for her Mommy and Daddy did... I sure love that smile though!!! :)
Heidi absolutely loved dancing in front of the band they had at Boyd's Orchard today. Reagan joined her on and off but Heidi is a truly dedicated performer and audience member! The band even learned Heidi's name. lol :) Here Dan and Heidi are leading the Hokie Pokie. Near the end of this song the leader of the band actually said "Go, Heidi, go!" She was too funny! lol :)
Daddy and his girls listening to the music
Mommy and Kennedy getting ready for the hayride
In the middle of the hayride you could get out and enjoy a pretty elaborate cornmaze. Here are the girls intensely checking out something (???) together in the cornmaze
Kennedy decided she'd like to join the fun too!
This is great!!! :)
I took a ton of these pictures of both Daddies and their girls but this is the only one I thought turned out well. I think I got super lucky with this one in that I just happenned to snap it when they were crossing a path and the light hit them so nicely!
Reagan enjoying and loving her Daddy!
Aunt Dorothy and Heidi back on the hayride after the cornmaze
Kennedy throughly enjoying her first hayride experience
Cousins having fun, fun, fun!
Those eyes simply twinkle!
Our last activity of the day was to visit the animals. While they had a number of barnyard pets the favorites were the goats which you could feed.
Kennedy decided she wanted to check out the goats with the big girls too
Daddy thought Mommy was nuts for letting Kennedy down on the ground to check out the goats with the big girls. After she tried to pick up some food off the ground Daddy told her "no" and scooped her up. Kennedy understands the meaning of the word no and has started to show a real temper when we tell her no. You can see from this picture that Kennedy was voicing her disapproval of Daddy... lol :)
Sweet smile while feeding the goats
Back on the ground and discussing her over all goat experience with Reagan
Reagan had a fantastic time at Boyd's Orchard today. When we were asking her to select a pumpkin so we could go home she kept dramatically saying "No way! I'm not going home!"
Daddy (being a super awesome husband) standing in the crazy line waiting to purchase all Mommy's pumpkins while being "helped" by our little "pumpkin." :)

On a side note, Dorothy and I purchased these matching outfits for the girls when we went shopping together Friday morning. We thought they were pretty cute but I can't tell you how many people commented on them! We must have had at least half a dozen mothers ask us where we purchased them. I don't know if it was the outfits or the adorable girls in them, but we had to agree our girls were pretty darn cute! :)

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

What a great day this was?!!! These are some great shots, Anna!

Dan and I came to the conclusion that Holden must've held back from coming prior to this because he didn't want his big sister to miss out on such a great day. The weather could NOT be more perfect!!! I am so glad we could do this together with you guys; we truly had a better time than we ever expected. Can't wait for the Christmas Festival at the Horse Park! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVED the pics - it looks like you had so much fun and such a great day!!!!! I want to come along to the Christmas Festival in the Horse Park with these adorable children!?!?!?! Send me the date so I can save it, please, please, please!!!!!! xoxoxox Grammy

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful Fall day. I love the dresses too! We continue to miss you all up here in VA.

-Ms. Mo'mina