Monday, December 15, 2008

Baking Cupcakes

Today Reagan and I tried to bake cupcakes together. I was slightly overly optimistic about how this experience would unfold...
~
I had everything set up and measured so Reagan would just have to dump everything together. Very organized, right? Wrong! While taking this picture Reagan dumped my premeasured water all over herself.
So we added a towel to cleanup and control the mess :)
We then decided we'd be further ahead in the highchair. Yes, that's cupcake mix around Reagan's mouth. Reagan decided the cupcake mix was yummy and I couldn't keep her from eating it even before we had the batter mixed.
Yes, those are the first of many tears. Reagan was quite upset that we put the batter in the muffin tins instead of eating it directly.
Reagan was quite serious about licking the bowl clean
Very clean! And we shed some more tears when there was no batter left to be licked. :(
We also shed quite a few tears over having to wait to put the frosting and sprinkles on. Once we got to that part Reagan just wanted to eat the sprinkles despite my best attempts at showing her how she could decorate her cupcakes. I didn't argue though I figured she could do whatever she wanted with her sprinkles! :)
Yummy sprinkles!!!
I don't think Reagan even cared about the cupcakes lol :)
Better make sure we eat ALL the sprinkles!
Reagan finally noticed the cupcake! :)
SUCCESS!!! Once Reagan took a bite of the cupcake she decided she wanted to decorate it. By that time I had already sprinkled a little on all of them, however, and quickly took the extras away before they all had a bite removed from them. :)
Yes, sprinkles go on the cupcake!
Making sure we have sprinkles on every last bite of cupcake
In this picture Reagan is saying "Making a mess." I would agree that we did make a mess! lol :)
In the end and despite the tears I do believe we had some fun. :)

1 comment:

Martin LaBar said...

How does an event manage to be so sweet, cute, touching, and hilarious?

By combining a sweetheart little girl with such a thoughtful Mommy who plans a wonderful FIRST!

I so enjoyed this series, and can still remember licking the cake bowls at home, competing with my brothers for the corner piece of cake which had the most REAL frosting. I also recall Martin's "gentle" shock when his daughters wanted to do the same with my "sweet" bowls, and he had to share.

This won't be the last time that Reagan will lick a bowl clean, and she'll have some competition when Kennedy sees her doing so.

Kennedy, by that time, won't have been born "yesterday", nor three weeks ago!!!

These pictures are priceless!

Great Aunt Faye